ICEDER 2018: About the Conference
The Organizing Committee announces the International Scientific Conference on the Development of Education in Russia and the CIS Member States taking place on November 8 and 9, 2018 at the Institute of Education Management of the Russian Academy of Education in Moscow, Russia. Scientific and pedagogical workers of the higher school, doctoral and graduate students are invited to participate in the conference.
The scientific conference is a platform for discussing current trends in the development of education in Russia and, additionally, in the member countries of the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS). Within the framework of the scientific conference, it is planned to discuss, in particular, the processes of informatization of education in the regions of Russia and abroad. The Organizing Committee also invites to discuss the use of information and communication technologies not only in the learning process at all stages of the educational process, but also in the management of educational institutions. In addition, within the framework of the conference, participants will have a chance to focus on modern technologies and new approaches to management in the field of general, vocational, and additional education in Russia and abroad, particularly in the CIS countries, building on similarities in educational systems.
Due to the increasing complexity of systems for collecting, processing, storing, and distributing information about educational systems or their individual elements, a separate section of the conference is devoted to the problems and best practices of monitoring research in education. In the context of the activities of the Institute of Education Management, special attention will be paid to the development of the educational space in the CIS countries.
The conference also provides for an active discussion of current problems in the development of the circumpolar educational space. In addition, on the basis of the conference will be held a section of young scientists.
Sections of the International Scientific and Practical Conference:
1. Informatization of education in Russia and abroad: current trends and national experience.
2. Monitoring technologies in education: theory, methodology, and practice.
3. Contemporary Russian didactics.
4. Education management in Russia: new approaches.
5. Focusing on the circumpolar educational space: cutting-edge research trends.
6. Educational space in Russia and the CIS countries.
7. Youth perspectives in Educational Studies.
Dates: November 8-9, 2018.
October 10, 2018 (participants from Russia and CIS); August 1, 2018 (all other countries).
Venue: The Institute of Education Management of the Russian Academy of Education, Moscow, Russia.
The conference program will be sent to the registered participants no later than November 1, 2018.
Please contact us with your questions:
- Pincipal contact: Anna Arinushkina, Chief Researcher of the Institute of Education Management of the Russian Academy of Education (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Conference Secretariat: Andrey Alekseev (email@example.com).
Conference Proceedings, Requirements, and Important Dates
1. Requirements for publication in the conference proceedings
Proceedings will be published as a results of the conference. Indexing: Web of Science (CPCI), ProQuest, etc. Manuscripts of scholarly articles must be in strict accordance with the requirements (download).
The Organizing Committee accepts those articles for publication that correspond to the conference profile and reflect results of an independent research (theoretical and experimental). Already published papers or those being sent for publication in another journal/conference proceedings are not accepted.
Each scholarly article should also clearly indicate the problem and purpose of the research, demonstrate research relevance, indicate how well a topic under consideration is researched, as well as have a clearly defined methodology and well discussed results.
Research problems discussed in the papers should be of interest to researchers and specialists, especially in terms of the current development of education in Russia and the CIS countries. Each paper should also consider various scientific aspects of the problem being solved and have a strong scientific novelty.
In addition, papers should have a strict structure: (1) introduction, (2) literature review, (3) materials and methods (research design), (4) results, (5) discussion, and (6) conslusion.
Review papers are accepted only at the special invitation of the Organizing Committee and the Chief Editor.
A paper template can be downloaded here. Papers must be written in excellent academic English. All papers will be rigorously edited.
2. Peer review
All papers submitted will be rigorously peer reviewed (using double-blind peer review). Manuscripts written in weak English are rejected immediately. All manuscripts accepted for publication are also subject to mandatory editing by the experts in the field of education.
3. Important dates
For participants from Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States:
Registration deadline: October 1, 2018.
Submission deadline: October 10, 2018.
For participants from all other countries:
Registration deadline: August 1, 2018.
Submission deadline: October 10, 2018.
Dates: November 8-9, 2018.
4. Additional materials
- Gary King, Robert O. Keohane, & Sidney Verba, "Designing Social Inquiry: Scientific Inference in Qualitative Research" >>
- Gary Goertz, "Social Science Concepts A User's Guide" >>
- Keith C. Barton, "Research Methods in Social Studies Education" >>
- "Writing for international journals: tips and techniques" >>
- "How to Write a World-class Paper" >>
- "How to get published in an academic journal: top tips from editors" >>
1. Conference application
1. Fill out the form below, indicating your personal data, institutional affiliation, title, and abstract of the paper.
2. The application is considered within 3 days. Notifications of registration are sent via email.
3. By sending the application form and the paper, the User consents to the processing of personal data.
2. Submitting a paper for peer-review
1. After receiving an invitation from the Organizing Committee, a participant should send a paper for review.
2. The paper is to be in accordance with the template and to be sent to the following e-mail address: <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
2. The results are sent via e-mail within 2 weeks after receiving a paper.
3. Refusal to publish a paper in conference proceedings does not lead to cancellation of registration. One may attend a conference without publishing a paper in proceedings.
3. Attending the conference
1. Participants independently organize their arrival and accommodation in Moscow.
2. The Conference Secretariat provides visa support and reservation services to foreign participants (if needed). For all questions, please contact us using the following e-mail address: email@example.com (Mr Andrey I. Alekseev).
Organizers and Speakers
Director, Institute of Education Management, Russian Academy of Education, Moscow, Russia,
Doctor of Economics, PhD. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chief Researcher, the Center for Informatization of Education at the Institute of Education Management, Russian Academy of Education, Moscow, Russia, Doctor of Pedagogical Sciences.
Emails: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org (principal contact)
Head, Laboratory of Professional Development of Managers in Education, Institute of Education Management, Russian Academy of Education, Moscow, Russia, Doctor of Economics.
Vice Director, Institute of Education Management, Russian Academy of Education, Moscow, Russia, Candidate of Sociology.
Head of the Department of Educational Law and Control, Russian Academy of Education, Moscow, Russia, Candidate of Pedagogical Sciences.
Key Conference Speakers
Irena V. Robert
Academian, Chief Scientific Secretary of the Presidium of the Russian Academy of Education, Head of the Center for Informatization of Education, Moscow, Russia, Professor, Doctor of Pedagogical Sciences.
Principal contact (all questiones related to the conference):
Anna Arinushkina, Chief Researcher, Conference Vice Chairperson
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Full name of the Institute in Russian:
Федеральное государственное бюджетное научное учреждение «Институт управления образованием Российской академии образования».
Full name of the Institute in English:
The Federal State Budget Scientific Institution «Institute of Education Management of the Russian Academy of Education»ю
Address: 16 Zhukovskogo str., Moscow, 105062
Phone: +7 (495) 625-2024
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
UFK po g. Moskve (FGBNU IUO RAO, l/schet 20736CH59100)
v GU Banka Rossii po TSFO
INN: 7704033020. KPP: 770101001. OGRN: 1027739526902. OKPO: 04830678. OKVED: 72.20. OKOGU: 1322500. OKATO: 45286555000. ОКТМО: 45375000000.